COMING BY CAR
Look out for the Victorian Heart Hospital entrance on the Monash University side of Blackburn Road. The hospital is located next to the Monash University sporting fields.
Traffic lights at the entrance on Blackburn Road will make it easy to turn into the hospital, whichever direction you are coming from.
Where to park
An underground car park is available for patients and staff. Drive in the Victorian Heart Hospital entrance and turn left into the underground car park, just before the turning circle in front of the hospital’s main entry doors.
There is a fee to use the underground parking.
Elevators in the car park will take you directly up to the hospital ground floor reception area.
The train stations nearest to the Victorian Heart Hospital are:
- Clayton train station (3.2km) – on the Cranbourne and Pakenham lines
- Connect from Clayton station to the hospital via bus 703 towards Blackburn, boarding at Clayton Shopping Plaza (Clayton SC) on Clayton Road stop 6476 and alighting at Blackburn Road/Wellington Road stop 1495 and walking north up Blackburn Road.
- Westall train station (3.3km) – on the Cranbourne and Pakenham lines
- There are no bus routes that connect to the hospital. You will need to catch a taxi or ride share.
- Syndal train station (4.3km) – on the Glen Waverley line
- Connect from Syndal station to the hospital via bus 703 to Middle Brighton or bus 737 to Monash University, alighting at the Monash Biomedical Imaging bus stop 16206 on Blackburn Road.
Bus 703 to Blackburn will take you from the front of Monash Medical Centre main entrance to the Victorian Heart Hospital (alight at Wellington Road/Blackburn Road stop).
Phone: (03) 7511 1500
Cardiac Liaison Coordinator (Request an Emergency Admission)
Phone: 0459 642 360
Phone: (03) 7511 1500
Phone: (03) 7511 1600
Nurse Unit Manager
Phone: (03) 7511 1640
Medical Record Access and Freedom Of Information (FOI)
Due to our unique relationship and co-location, Jessie McPherson Private Hospital and the Monash Medical Centre (Monash Health, Clayton) have a shared medical record service.
All requests for medical record access – for both public hospital patients at Monash and private patients at Jessie McPherson, as well as those from clinicians and external organisations – are processed by the Monash Health Freedom of Information (FOI) unit or the Release of Information (ROI) unit.
Patients may access their health information records held by Jessie McPherson Private Hospital, in accordance with the Victorian Health Records Act 2001 and the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1998.
There are two options for processing your request.
- Request processed under the FOI Act & sent to you (or to be viewed by you)
- Please visit https://monashhealth.org/patients-visitors/health-records-requests/ for detailed information on the FOI process and for access to the application form.
(Please note that in accordance with the Health Records Act, there is a charge for this service – see the Monash Health FOI website for further details)
- Request processed via the Release of Information (ROI) unit & sent to your health practitioner
- Your request may be processed much quicker and without charge, if you consent to the report being sent through to your GP (or Specialist).
- It would then be up to you to liaise with your GP or Specialist to get the information from him/her. They may wish to meet with you if they feel it is important to review the information together.
- If you choose this option, please contact the ROI Unit (see details below) and ensure that you include the full contact details for your nominated GP or specialist with your application.
Please contact the Monash Health Release of Information (ROI) unit via email@example.com for all requests.
Please contact the Monash Health switchboard for urgent, after-hours requests for information.
Should you require any additional assistance or have any other queries relating to access to records / health information, please don’t hesitate to contact our Executive Office.